You can never really run out of options while crafting with mason jars. Take, for example, mason jar wine glasses. With a few simple steps, you can transform the humble glass mason jars into wine goblets, also known as redneck wine glasses. And don’t they look gorgeous! Being quite expensive otherwise, the DIY will also save you from burning a hole in your pocket.
How to Make a Redneck Wine Glass
I was really interested in the tutorial that I found on Decoist and went ahead making one myself. Glad about the results, I have put down the procedure below.
Materials You’ll Need
- A mason jar
- A glass candlestick holder
- Any permanent glass glue like E-6000
- With a clean cloth, wipe the top of the candlestick holder and the base of the mason jar to remove any dirt, oil or residue.
- In a well-ventilated area, spread the glue on the outer rim of the candlestick holder.
- Gently press down the bottom of the mason jar in the glue such that it rests squarely on top of the candlestick holder.
- Let the arrangement sit for a minimum time of 24 hours. This ensures proper adhesion.
You should always wash the glass with hand after use.
Few More Ideas for Your Homemade Mason Jar Wine Glasses
You can personalize a couple of mason jar wine glasses by sticking labels with “Mr.” and “Mrs.” or “Bride” and “Groom” printed in stylish fonts on them that accentuate the wedding décor.
You can buy cute mason jars with handles to make unique Hillbilly wine glasses. Decorate with ribbons and scrap pieces of fabric for a country appeal.
Colorful mason jar wine glasses in bright shades of blue, purple and pink look stunning as centerpieces. You can decorate them with sayings if you want to convey a message to your guests.
Etch a monogram onto your mason jars for making customized glasses for wine enthusiasts.
You can drill a hole in the lid of your mason jar to make a cool design of wine glass. Since kids love this sippy cup style, you can make them with mini plastic mason jars for easy handling.
With such interesting ideas up your sleeve, you are in for a great time making your own mason jar wine glasses.