Mason Jar Vases: Exciting DIYs
A pair of colorful vases made from mason jars that I spotted at my best pal’s baby shower celebrations took my breath away. On returning home, I wasted no further time in checking out a few designs on the web, and a tutorial on momtastic helped me make my first mason jar vase which I flaunted with pride at a house party.
DIY Painted Mason Jar Flower Vases
What you’ll need
- Mason jar ( number depending on how many of them you want to make)
- Enamel or acrylic craft paint
- Paper Plate
- Clean the jar well to clear off any dust
- Fill the bottom of the jar with a squirt of paint
- Pat the jar gently using your palm so that the color spreads well inside the jar
- You can add some more paint till the entire jar is covered ( One advantage of painting the interior of the jar rather the outer part is that the paint will not scratch off immediately if even when mishandled).
- Place your jar on a paper plate so that the excess paint does not collect at the jar’s bottom and drips out quickly. Keep moving the jars in every fifteen minutes so that it does not stick firmly onto the paper plate.
- Leave the jar to dry well for a span of 24 hours.
- You can attach the lid as shown below ( though it is optional)
- I decided to bake it for the purpose of curing the paint completely.
- Put your jar into the cold oven and set the temperature to 325 °, bake for about thirty minutes, turn the oven off, allow the vase to cool and finally bring it out.
Here we go with our adorable painted mason jar vase! I turned mine into a flower vase. You can use it for anything you wish like a container to keep your cutlery, your kiddos paint brushes and so on. If you are looking for something big choose a large mason jar, you can even go for tall ones if your flowers have long stalks.
Interesting Mason Jar Vases Ideas
Apart from painting your mason jar vases, you can use them for various creative purposes, some being mentioned below.
If you want to avoid your stint with the brush, then you can simply take a mason jar and design it with burlap to give it a rustic look.
If you have been loaded with the responsibility of arranging your dearest friend’s baby shower, then amongst the several décor ideas make sure to arrange for a lovely painted vase going by the instruction given here, the colors depending on the gender of the yet-to-born baby. You can replace the flowers with goodies or small gifts for the baby-in-waiting like a pair of socks, booties, gloves and a cap.
If it is a boy in-the-waiting, then you may keep the decoration simple yet elegant by opting for a blue mason jar and embellishing it with gems.
These glitter mason jar vases would serve as enticing centerpieces to grace your home, especially during festive times.
As a Mother’s Day gift you can consider giving a cute mason jar picture frame vase, capturing the joyous moments of your family.
Another way to create a personalized touch is to have your little munchkins leave their handprints on the mason jars as shown here. You can fill it with your mom’s favorite flowers or stuff it with a lot of candies and lollies.
While finalizing your home decor for the grand wedding, you can hang mason jar vases on your porch or spacious garden with pretty flowers sitting on it.
In the case of an indoor wedding party, decorate the walls with mason jar sconce vases , by arranging them uniformly on a plank of wood and fixing them on the wall.
Converting your mason jar into a fish tank like this one would be another delightful idea.
Hope you would have a whale of a time in implementing a whole lot of new things with your mason jar vases. Your tiny tots would also get something interesting to learn and make while doing this mason jar craft during their summer break.
Leave a Reply