After a hard day at work, walking into a home filled with magical aroma takes away all the tiredness and infuses a new energy. The dozens of air fresheners at the stores may represent a dizzying variety but you should be aware of their high chemical content. After coming across an idea shared on ThriftyFun, my love for mason jars grew manifold and I started with my line of scented air fresheners.
How to Make Natural Air Freshener with Mason Jar
- Mason jar (half-quart size would do)
- Baking soda- 1 cup
- Pure essential oil- 1/4 tablespoon
- Tapestry needle
- Scrap paper
- Add the baking soda and essential oil into the jar and screw the lid and ring. Shake the contents well.
- Remove the ring and lid. Trace a circle on a scrap paper using the lid and cut it out.
- Place the circle over the jar and screw on the ring.
- Poke holes into the paper using the tapestry needle.
Keep it anywhere you would want to and breathe in the fresh whiff of air. You can refill the jar with the same decoction after a couple of weeks.
Addition of gelatin gives a homemade version of a gel air freshener that lasts longer. For a tinge of brightness, some food coloring can do the needful.
The heavenly scent of the DIY air freshener also has an aromatherapy value elevating your mood whenever you feel down. As a housewarming or a hostess gift, you can pack it in a small box and give away the little surprise.