Home | Mason Jar Crafts - Garden | DIY Mason Jar Bird Feeder
DIY Mason Jar Bird Feeder
by admin 30th December 2022
Bird-lovers will find this idea of recycling mason jars very interesting. I made mine inspired by a post in Home Grown and ever since I have been happy to note a steep rise in the number of winged visitors to my garden. I am glad to provide a tutorial here on how I did it.
How to Make a Mason Jar Bird Feeder
- Quart size mason jar
- 3 to 4 feet heavy-gauge wire
- Wire cutters
- Galvanized chicken feeder
- Remove the ring and lid of the mason jar. Set them aside as you will not need them.
- Fill up the jar with birdseed.
- With the jar sitting upright, screw the galvanized chicken feeder onto its rim.
- Flip the arrangement over and thread the wire through a couple of oppositely placed holes in the chicken feeder.
- Wrap the wire up in gladiator sandal style. Twist the ends around one another a few times to secure tightly.
- Cut off excess, if any. Bend the ends to resemble hooks.
Another Cool Mason Jar Bird Feeder Idea
Here is a great plan to make your mason jar bird feeder out of wood.
A bird feeder made from a mason jar will speak volumes about your creativity. A wonderful birdwatching experience is an added plus. Do keep a camera handy in case wild birds come visiting.
Leave a Reply