Add a sparkle to the interiors of your home with a glitter mason jar. You can club a handful of such jars for making a brilliant wedding centerpiece. I was driven into making them after coming across a fantastic post in Ann’s Bridal Bargains.
How to Make a Glitter Mason Jar
- Mason jar(s)
- Mod podge/ Elmer’s glue
- Paint brush
- Glitter (in a color of your choice)
- Metallic spray paint (in your choice of color)
- Paper plate
- Hold the mason jar by its inner rim and spray paint the entire outer surface. Allow to dry.
- Brush mod podge evenly over the bottom quarter to bottom half of the mason jar.
- Take the container of glitter and spray on the mod podge while it is still wet. Perform this step on the paper plate to keep it neat.
- Once the glitter is dried and firmly set, brush another coat of mod podge over it.
- Allow to dry completely.
Your mason jar is ready. Fill it with anything you want. It could be a bunch of pens, or like I did, a bouquet of cute pink flowers that contrast the gold shade of the mason jar charismatically. It looks stunning as a makeup brush holder too.
Some More Fun Ideas of Glitter Mason Jars
You can make brilliant glow in the dark mason jars with glitter for Halloween. Just pop in the contents of a glow stick and you are done.
Create a romantic lamp for your dining table by placing candles inside your glitter mason jars. You can show off an eco-friendly side by making glitter mason jar lanterns with solar lights inside.
A gorgeous DIY tumbler is something kids would love to sip their juice from.
You can make a pair of cool glitter monogram mason jars for Valentine’s Day. Ombre, pink and blue glitters look charming on the letters. The tutorial along with the ideas is getting you in a crafting mood by now. Let me leave you at this point making way for some sparkle and shine.